My Coffee and Book Club is founded on twin passions for coffee and reading. We deliver 12 ounces of ground or whole bean micro-roasted gourmet coffee, two hardcover books in your chosen category an eBook selection to your door every month.
Select your preference for Whole Bean or Ground Coffee. Select your category — Acclaimed Fiction, Acclaimed Non-Fiction, Mystery, Thriller, Horror, Romance, Science Fiction, Fantasy or Surprise Me and leave the rest to our dedicated curators.
We ship each subscriber's first box within 48 hours. Subsequent boxes ship the first week of each month. If you need your box in a hurry, please email us and we'll make the appropriate arrangements.
We ship to the contiguous United States and shipping is FREE!
You can change your categories at any time Either log into your account and make the change or just email us at: email@example.com and we are happy to change it for you.
Yes, but before you do please contact us and let us address your issue. We pride ourselves on customer service and will work hard to make you happy.
1. Use of the Site. You may use the Site only for your own noncommercial personal use and in compliance with these Terms. You are responsible for your own communications, including the transmission, uploading or posting of information to the Site and are responsible for the consequences of such communications. Any other use of the Site requires the prior written consent of My Coffee and Book Club. You may not otherwise copy, modify, or distribute the contents of this Site without the express written permission of My Coffee and Book Club. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer of, sell, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit any of the content found on the Site, in whole or in part. We require all Members to agree not to use the Site, and specifically prohibit any use of the Site, for any of the following purposes: Posting, communicating or transmitting any material that infringes on any intellectual property, publicity or privacy right of another person or entity; Posting any information which is untrue, inaccurate or not your own; Engaging in conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation; Attempting to interfere in any way with the Site or My Coffee and Book Club’s network security, or attempting to use the Site’s service to gain unauthorized access to any other computer system; and Using the Site to drop ship merchandise to third parties You may not use spiders, robots, data mining techniques or other automated devices or programs to catalog, download or otherwise reproduce, store or distribute content available on the Site. Further, you may not use any such automated means to manipulate the Site, such as automating what are otherwise manual or one-off procedures. You may not take any action to interfere with, or disrupt, the Site or any other user's use of the Site, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing” the Site, circumventing security or user authentication measures or attempting to exceed the limited authorization and access granted to you under these Terms. You may not frame portions of the Site within another web site. You may not resell use of, or access to, the Site to any third party without our prior written consent.
3. Additional Terms and Conditions. You agree that additional terms and conditions may apply to specific products, orders or your use of certain portions of the Site, including with respect to ordering, shipping and return policies, review guidelines and membership reward programs (“Additional Terms”), which Additional Terms are made part of these Terms by reference. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the Additional Terms, the Additional Terms shall control.
5. Fraud Protection. As part of our order processing procedures, we may screen received orders for fraud or other types of unauthorized or illegal activity. We reserve the right to refuse to process an order due to suspected fraud or unauthorized or illegal activity. If we suspect fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity, we may reject your order or we may contact you at the phone number or email address you provided to confirm your order. We also reserve the right to cancel any accounts or refuse to ship to certain addresses due to suspected fraud or unauthorized or illegal activity. We take these measures to protect our customers as well as ourselves from fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
6. Transactions. If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Site (each such purchase, a "Transaction"), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Transaction including, without limitation, your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, and your shipping information. You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) utilized in connection with any transaction. By submitting such information, you grant to My Coffee and Book Club the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of Transactions initiated by you or on your behalf. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any Transaction. All descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications, products, and prices of products and services described or depicted on the Site are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures, and other descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. The inclusion of any products or services on the Site does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the receipt, possession, use, and sale of any item purchased from this Site. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner. My Coffee and Book Club reserves the right, with or without prior notice, to do any one or more of the following: (i) limit the available quantity of or discontinue any product or service; (ii) impose conditions on the honoring of any coupon, coupon code, promotional code, or other similar promotion; (iii) bar any user from making or completing any or all Transaction(s); and (iv) refuse to provide any user with any product or service. You agree that by placing an order on the Site, you are entering into a binding contract with My Coffee and Book Club and agree to pay all charges that may be incurred by you or on your behalf through the Site, at the price(s) in effect when such charges are incurred including, without limitation, all shipping and handling charges. In addition, you remain responsible for any taxes that may be applicable to your Transactions.
7. The Subscription Contract Between You And Us. My Coffee Club offers three subscription types: re-billable monthly subscriptions (“Monthly Subscriptions”); prepaid 3,6 and 12 month subscriptions (“Multi-Month Subscriptions”); and prepaid gift subscriptions of three, six or twelve months (“Gift Subscriptions”). Monthly Subscriptions: By purchasing a Monthly Subscription, you acknowledge that your subscription has an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. Your subscription will be automatically extended for successive monthly periods and your payment method will automatically be charged for each successive monthly period at the then-current subscription rate. To cancel your Monthly Subscription at any time, you must logon to your account and follow the cancellation procedures or call or email us and we will do it for you. If you cancel, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term. My Coffee and Club may submit periodic charges (e.g., monthly) without further authorization from you, until you provide prior notice that you have terminated this authorization or wish to change your payment method. Such notice will not affect charges submitted before My Coffee and Club reasonably could act. Multi-Month Subscriptions: By purchasing a Multi-Month Subscription, you acknowledge that your subscription has an initial pre-payment feature for a specified term of service. At the end of the term, your subscription will be automatically extended for another term of term and your payment method will automatically be charged for the Multi-Month Subscription fee at the then-current subscription rate. You may cancel your Multi-Month Subscription at any time and Company will refund your money for the remaining term. You pay only for the months boxes were shipped to you. Gift Subscriptions: By purchasing a Gift Subscription, you acknowledge that your subscription has an initial pre-payment feature for a specified term of service. At the end of the term, your subscription will be automatically extended for another term of term and your payment method will automatically be charged for the Gift Subscription fee at the then-current subscription rate. You may cancel your Gift Subscription at any time and Company will refund your money for the remaining term. You pay only for the months boxes were shipped to you.
8. Product Information; Limitation on Quantities. Excluding any content that may be submitted by Members from time to time, we strive to ensure that the information on the Site is complete and reliable. Certain information may contain pricing errors, typographical errors and other errors or inaccuracies, which we may correct without liability. We also reserve the right to limit quantities purchased by Members and to revise, suspend, or terminate an event or promotion at any time without notice (including after an order has been submitted or acknowledged). We do not guarantee that all products described on our Site will be available.
9. Proprietary Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the content (other than content that may be submitted by Members), materials, text, images, videos, graphics, trademarks, logos, button icons, music, software and other elements available on the Site are the property of My Coffee and Book Club or our licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark and/or other proprietary rights and laws. You agree not to sell, license, rent, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit, modify or create derivative works from any content or materials on the Site. My Coffee and Book Club and the My Coffee and Book Club logo are registered trademarks, and are trademarks of My Coffee and Book Club. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All of our Site's content is Copyrighted by My Coffee and Book Club. All rights reserved. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, no license is granted to you and no rights are conveyed by virtue of accessing or using the Site. All rights not granted under these Terms are reserved by My Coffee and Book Club.
10. Contributed Content Guidelines. My Coffee and Book Club values your engagement. When contributing content, please consider the following guidelines: · By submitting or posting any materials or content on the Site, you grant My Coffee and Book Club a perpetual, irrevocable, non-terminable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, copy, distribute, publicly display, modify, create derivative works, and sublicense such materials or any part of such materials. You hereby represent, warrant and covenant that any materials you provide do not include anything (including, but not limited to, text, images, music or video) to which you do not have the full right to grant My Coffee and Book Club the license specified above. You further represent, warrant and covenant that any materials you provide will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material. My Coffee and Book Club will be entitled to use any content submitted by you without incurring obligations of confidentiality, attribution or compensation to you. All contributed content is subject to the terms set forth below and in our standard Terms and Conditions, which include our policy regarding copyright infringement; We reserve the right not to post your content if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when contributing content, you will not: Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; Use obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum; Post advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites; Post email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information; Post unduly critical or spiteful comments of other content posted on the page or its authors; Post files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have expressly received all necessary consents; Post files or content that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer; Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded, or impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; In addition, if you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a content submission. Instead, contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. General Disclaimers. You assume all responsibility and risk with respect to your use of the Site. THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE, AND OTHER INFORMATION ON OR ACCESSIBLE FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITE OR A “LINKED” SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, MY COFFEE AND BOOK CLUB DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (1) THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS CORRECT, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (2) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; OR (3) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS IS LIMITED TO REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REFUND. My Coffee and Book Club makes no warranties of any kind regarding any non- My Coffee and Book Club sites to which you may be directed or hyperlinked from this Site. Hyperlinks are included solely for your convenience, and My Coffee and Book Club makes no representations or warranties with regard to the accuracy, availability, suitability or safety of information provided in such non- My Coffee and Book Club sites. My Coffee and Book Club does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any products or services offered or provided by or on behalf of third parties on the Site. MY COFFEE AND BOOK CLUB DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE NUTRITION, INGREDIENT, ALLERGEN, AND OTHER PRODUCT INFORMATION ON OUR SITE IS ACCURATE OR COMPLETE SINCE THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED BY THE PRODUCT MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS AND ON OCCASION MANUFACTURERS MAY MODIFY THEIR PRODUCTS AND UPDATE THEIR LABELS. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON OUR SITE AND THAT YOU CONSULT THE PRODUCTS LABEL OR CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER DIRECTLY IF YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC DIETARY OR ALLERGIC CONCERN OR QUESTION ABOUT A PRODUCT.
12. Disclaimer – No Professional Advice. Any information provided by us regarding the products or otherwise (e.g. product descriptions or instructions) is for informational purposes only. You should not take any action based upon any information contained on the Site. Use of the Site is not meant to serve as a substitute for professional advice. You should read and strictly follow all product labels, packaging inserts and instructions and all manufacturer directions and warnings and seek independent professional advice when appropriate.
13. Taxes. Your total price will include the price of the product plus any applicable sales tax; such state and local sales tax is based on the shipping address and the sales tax rate in effect at the time you purchase the product. We will charge tax only in states where the goods sold over the internet are taxable. Important Kentucky sales tax information regarding the tax you may owe directly to the state of Kentucky. We are not required to and do not collect Kentucky sales or use tax. Your purchase may be subject to Kentucky use tax unless the purchase is exempt from taxation in Kentucky. The purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet, by catalog, or by other remote means. The Commonwealth of Kentucky requires Kentucky purchasers to report all purchases of tangible personal property or digital property that are not taxed by the retailer and pay use tax on those purchases unless exempt under Kentucky law. The tax may be reported and paid on the Kentucky individual income tax return or by filing a consumer use tax return with the Kentucky Department of Revenue. These forms and corresponding instructions may be found on the Kentucky Department of Revenue's Internet Web site.
15. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL MY COFFEE AND BOOK CLUB, ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, SUPPLIERS, AFFILIATES, OR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION ON THIS SITE BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR LOSS OF USE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MY COFFEE AND BOOK CLUB HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF MY COFFEE AND BOOK CLUB, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, SUPPLIERS, AFFILIATES OR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION ON THIS SITE TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO MY COFFEE AND BOOK CLUB IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. You hereby acknowledge that the preceding paragraph shall apply to all content, merchandise and services available through the Site. Because some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages, all of the above disclaimers or exclusions may not apply to all users.
16. International Use. We control and operate the Site from the United States. We make no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use outside the United States. If you choose to access this Site from outside the United States, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
17. Risk of Loss. Any merchandise purchased from our Site will be shipped by a third party carrier. As a result, title and risk of loss for such merchandise will pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
18. Copyright Infringement; Notice and Take Down Procedures. My Coffee and Book Club specifically prohibits the posting of any content that violates or infringes the copyright rights and/or other intellectual property rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of any person or entity. If you believe that any material contained on this Site infringes your copyright or other intellectual property rights, you should notify us of your copyright infringement claim in accordance with the following procedure. My Coffee and Book Club will process notices of alleged infringement that it receives and will take appropriate action as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). The DMCA requires that notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the following address: Email: email@example.com, Telephone: (865) 255-9453 To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information (DMCA, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3)): Physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material; Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted; A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Please contact us with any questions or concerns in connection with these Terms or the Site, or to provide any notice under these Terms.
19. Severability. If any part of these Terms shall be held or declared to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be ineffective but shall not affect any other part of these Terms, and in such event, such provision shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of such unenforceable or invalid provision within the limits of applicable law or applicable court decisions.
20. Waiver; Remedies. The failure of My Coffee and Book Club to partially or fully exercise any rights or the waiver of My Coffee and Book Club of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you shall not prevent a subsequent exercise of such right by My Coffee and Book Club or be deemed a waiver by My Coffee and Book Club of any subsequent breach by you of the same or any other term of these Terms. The rights and remedies of My Coffee and Book Club under these Terms and any other applicable agreement between you and My Coffee and Book Club shall be cumulative, and the exercise of any such right or remedy shall not limit My Coffee and Book Club right to exercise any other right or remedy.
21. Governing Law. The laws of the State of Tennessee shall govern these Terms without regard to conflict of laws provisions.
22. Disputes. Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to, or use of, the Site, to the products you purchase through the Site (including a subscription), or to your relationship to My Coffee and Book Club shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Nashville, Tennessee; provided, however, that to the extent that you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the State sitting in Chattanooga, Tennessee. You hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to, venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of Tennessee. Arbitration under these Terms will be conducted pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules then prevailing at the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award will be final and binding and may be entered into as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under these Terms will be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Terms, whether through class action proceedings or otherwise. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of, related to or connected with the use of this Site or these Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim of action arose or be forever banned. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. YOU AND MY COFFEE AND BOOK CLUB AGREE THAT EACH MAY ONLY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and My Coffee and Book Club agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim.
Questions: Should you have any questions regarding these Terms you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PERSONAL INFORMATION. If you subscribe to My Coffee and Book Club and/or place an order through www.mycoffeeandbookclub.com, we will ask you for your name, e-mail address, shipping address, telephone number and credit card information or certain other personally identifiable information about yourself ("Personal Information"). We use this information to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status. All archived credit card information is maintained in a secure and safe environment. Telephone numbers and e-mail addresses are used to contact you regarding your order. In addition, when you respond to a contest, survey, questionnaire, sweepstakes or other promotional feature, we may ask you for your name, address and email address or other Personal Information. We do not collect any Personal Information about you unless it is voluntarily provided by you. My Coffee and BookClub will never sell, rent or share your Personal Information, including your e-mail address, with any third parties for marketing purposes without your express permission.
ENHANCED AND PERSONALIZED SHOPPING EXPERIENCE. We use Personal Information in order to give you a more enjoyable convenient shopping experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you. We use your Personal Information to support and enhance your use of the Site, and its features including without limitation: fulfilling your order; providing customer service; tracking email invitations you send; and otherwise supporting your use of the Site. We may also track your past purchases to provide you with a personalized profile of your shopping history. In addition, we may notify you about new services or special promotional programs, or send you offers or information. In connection with their performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site, certain trusted third parties may be permitted to access your information. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyze data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders.
AFFILIATES; CONSULTANTS; THIRD PARTIES. Unless you specifically consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information, aside from us, only our affiliates, technical consultants, third party auditors and other third parties who make our Site available, enhance its functionality, assist with the processing of your purchases, or provide associated services and/or who deal with you in delivering content, samples, products, gifts and prizes, have access to this information, and we require them to agree that they are covered by this policy.
LAW ENFORCEMENT AND INVESTIGATIONS. Please note that My Coffee and Book Club reserves the right to and may disclose Personal Information about you in response to (a) requests from local, state or federal law enforcement officials; (b) any judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order, such as subpoena; (c) if required by law; or (d) to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the Site rules or policies, or the rights of third parties or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper.
SWEEPSTAKES. If you submit your email address to be added to a mailing list or Sweepstakes or other promotion, we will use the email address for the sole purpose of sending you announcements, special offers from My Coffee and Book Club and its promotional partners along with Site updates. Each email we send will contain information on how to unsubscribe from our mailing list. You can also unsubscribe by sending an email to email@example.com.
REFERRALS. If you elect to use our referral services for informing a friend about our Site, we ask you for the friend's name and email address. My Coffee and Book Club will automatically send the friend an initial email inviting them to visit or transact with the Site. My Coffee and Book Club may also send additional emails reminding your friend that you referred them. Additionally, you may send additional "Nudges" to your friend to remind them to sign up. My Coffee and Book Club stores this information for the sole purpose of sending these referral emails and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact My Coffee and Book Club to request the removal of this information from our database and to stop receiving Nudges.
PIXEL TAGS AND BEACONS. In addition to cookies, we also collect Aggregate Information through the use of "tracking pixels," also known as "beacons." A tracking pixel is a transparent graphic image (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) that is placed on a web page and, in combination with a cookie, allows for the collection of information regarding the use of the web page that contains the tracking pixel. We use tracking pixels to tell when an advertisement has been clicked on or otherwise interacted with, and use that information to judge which advertisements are more appealing to users. In some cases, we use third party service providers to help us collect and analyze this information. You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION. We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. However, My Coffee and Book Club will not be liable for disclosures of your Personal Information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties. We have undertaken commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized Internet access to visitor data retained in our servers, however, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, My Coffee and Book Club cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. Users must accept all risks associated with any data transmission, including the risk that their Personal Information may be intercepted in transit. The Site encrypts your credit card number and other Personal Information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology to provide for the secure transmission of the information from your PC to our servers. In addition, only those employees and third parties who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFOMORMATION AND PREFERENCES. If you are a registered user, you may access and update your registration information and your preferences to receive email or other communications from us by sending an email to service@mycoffeeandbookclub. You may also update or change your Personal Information or Preferences by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request. While we make efforts to accommodate requests to restrict our use of your information, we reserve the right to delete all or any portion of customer information if we are not able to reasonably accommodate a requested restriction.
CHILDREN'S PRIVACY AND PARENTAL CONTROLS. This Site is not intended for persons under the age of 13, and we have no intention of collecting or soliciting Personal Information from persons under the age of 13. If you are not 13 or older, you are not authorized to use the Site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. If a child under age 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES. Our Site may contain links to other web sites, including our affiliated or co-branded web sites. Other web sites may also reference or link to our Site. These "other" domains (web sites) are not controlled by My Coffee and Book Club. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site to read the privacy policies of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other web sites. Visiting these other web sites is at your own risk.
SITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Use of this Site is governed by, and subject to, the legal notices contained in our Terms and Conditions. Your use, or access, of the Site constitutes your agreement to be bound by these provisions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THE SITE.